Why Join SAMA?
SAMA membership provides you with individual or collective representation aimed at influencing medical and health legislation, regulation and policies. Our activities, products and services will assist you, as a private or public sector practitioner, to practise more successfully.
Medical doctors and medical students registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA), qualify for SAMA membership. All members must abide by the Memorandum of Incorporation, Company rules and Trade Union Constitution of the Association. With the exception of honorary and international members, SAMA members enjoy full voting rights at National Council and local Branch levels.
- We unite doctors across South Africa.
- Members receive unrestricted access to information SAMA has to offer.
- Representation and Industrial relations advice.
- Private practice support, advice and coding support services.
- Legal assistance from the Governance and Legal Department on an advisory basis.
- Continuing Professional Development services.
- The South African Medical Journal (SAMJ) incorporating Continuing Medical Journal (CME) is included with the Membership, with the exclusion of Retired, Life, Capitation (Spouse) and Unattached without Journals membership.
To be the representative association for the South African medical profession.
Empowering Doctors to bring health to the Nation
Bursaries & Scolarships,
The South African (SAMA) Bursary fund is assisting needy medical students with bursaries.Make a Donation to the Bursary Fund
The South African Medical Association bursary is intended to support South African citizens in South Africa and attend medical school in South Africa.SAMA Medical Student Bursaries
The SA Medical Association wishes to encourage postgraduate research in the medical field, specifically with a view to promoting research and development in medicine for medical doctors in South Africa.SAMA PhD Supplementary Scholarships
The SA Medical Association wishes to encourage postgraduate research in the medical field, specifically with a view to promoting research and development in medicine for medical doctors in South Africa.SAMA Research Masters Scholarship