Why Join SAMA?
SAMA membership provides you with individual or collective representation aimed at influencing medical and health legislation, regulation and policies. Our activities, products and services will assist you, as a private or public sector practitioner, to practise more successfully.
Medical doctors and medical students registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA), qualify for SAMA membership. All members must abide by the Memorandum of Incorporation, and Company rules of the Association. With the exception of honorary and international members, SAMA members enjoy full voting rights at National Council and local Branch levels.
- We unite doctors across South Africa.
- Members receive unrestricted access to information SAMA has to offer.
- Labour law advice.
- Private practice support, advice and coding support services.
- Legal assistance from the Legal Department on an advisory basis.
- Continuing Professional Development services.
- The South African Medical Journal (SAMJ) incorporating Continuing Medical Journal (CME) is included with the Membership, with the exclusion of Retired, Life, Capitation (Spouse) and Unattached without Journals membership.
To be the leading and preferred membership organization advocating and supporting medical practitioners in South Africa.
Being the custodians of growing advocacy platform that will unite, guide and support members for the health of the nation.